Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Book Reports


In one of my last days subbing for this year, I was in a fourth grade room. I mean how appropriate! :] So I obviously spent my planning periods looking around the room and snatching ideas! Here are 3 pretty cool ideas for book reports! 

1. Man Report: The students use note cards, ribbon, and crayons/markers to create a book report. They made a person (decorating the unlined or blank side of the notecard). On the lined side of the note card, the students wrote out important information from the book that they wanted to share. They created a torso, arms, and legs. This was really cool and they were able to hang them up in the room. 


2. Octopus Report: One other type of book report I saw was this little octopus report. They used blank paper, yarn/string, and crayons. They colored pictures on the round part that related to the book. Some students also decided to write important information on the round part as well, like key characters, places, etc. They all added important details to the arms of this octopus to tell about the story. They then were also able to hang the reports up in the room. 


3. Cereal Box Report: The last book report I found in this room was a cereal box report. The students took an empty cereal box and covered it in paper. They then drew pictures pertaining to the book and wrote out important details from the book onto the box. These can easily be displayed in the room. I was unable to get a picture of those book reports. However, these are pretty popular these days, so you can always google the to see them. 

I really liked all these types of book reports because they are better than the traditional type of book report that I knew growing up!! It's such a nice change! 


Peace, Love, and God's Blessings, 

Amy 

No comments:

Post a Comment