Friday, June 1, 2012

Father's Day gift!

I've been teaching classes at my local scrapbook and stamping shop, Bayer's Pampered Stampers, since she took the shop over in December. Melissa has done a great job with the shop! It's beautiful! Since I'm a teacher in real life, Melissa asked me to each classes for kids! I was very excited! I did a Valentine's Day card class, an Easter card class, a Mother's day gift (which will be another post) and then this Saturday I will be teaching a class to make a Father's day Card and gift! It's going to be great fun!

I took a metal bucket (found at Crafts 2000/ Pat Catan's) and decided I would decorate that and fill it with something great for dad. I used paper from my favorite company, which is also locally owned and run, Tada Creative Studios to punch out squares. I used 2 different sized squares to add variety to the design. Then I used glue dots to glue the squares on to the bucket. My mom and I had trouble trying to find an adhesive that would hold the squares onto the bucket, and surprisingly enough, Glue Dots worked really well!


Then I used paper from Lasting Impressions to create the label on the front. I used the Labels Collection die cuts from Stampin' Up! and my Tim Holtz Vagabond to make the Label.


 I then decided to have the kids make a key chain for Dad as well. Melissa's husband owns the wood shop next door to the store so we get to use all these really cool wood products! I used my Tim Holtz Distress markers to color onto of the wood. Then I used the Picket Fence colored marker to write on top of the colored part. I used my Crop - A - Dile to punch out a hole in the corner and a key ring to slide through it! Dads will love this homemade key chain!


I decided to fill the bucket with candy. You can always fill it with whatever you wanted! This will be a great Father's day gift for a kid to give their dad! Since my dad watched me make this, I have to figure something else out! ;]


Hope you liked this project as much as I did!

Peace, Love, and God's Blessing,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment